I want to share my discoveries.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Music Downloads Legally

If you are really like get new music for fewer monies, there are several options on the Internet that are not all that advertised.

The most popular legal music downloading system is iTunes.  Personally, I think iTunes and is great and all, but it can be pricey sometimes and doesn't always have what I want.

Probably the next most popular place to download music is Amazon.com.  I never noticed before I had a twitter account that everyday Amazon has a Daily Deal on an album.  The usual cost of said album is usually about $3.99.  If you follow them on Twitter they will post the daily deal everyday so you can see if it is worth checking into.  They also usually have a free song of the day.

You can also find THOUSANDS of albums for under $5 on a regular basis on amazon.com. 


The third most "legal" place to download music is at 7digital.com.  This site is very similar to Amazon.com. They have a longer list of free track downloads than most places.

There are some Russian sites that are somewhere in between legal and illegal.  The Russian have a law that let them sell music without paying artist royalties unless the artist specifically requests it.  So they have the ability to sell whole albums for as little as $1.  While these are "legal" places to download music, if you are trying to be moral about downloading music (which most people today are not!) these sites are probably not the places for you.


Gomusic.ru  This site is slightly different in that you have to prepay are certain amount (I believe it is $25) in order to download the music.  Some people find it creepy to give some Russian Company your credit card number, but the site itself has a pretty reputation.  Most people suggest that you get a Simon Visa Card or something like it, if you don't trust them with your credit card information.  I haven't heard of anyone having issues with that though.

MP3Panda.com  Another extremely cheap site (I'm not sure if it's Russian, but I think so).  It has the same concept of putting money of a certain sum on your account and then using that toward music.  They also have the option to pay about $250 and get unlimited free music for life.

I'm sure there are other sites out there that have cheap downloads, these are just the ones that I have run into in my Internet researching.

Can you tell I'm really bored when I'm not in school? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment