I want to share my discoveries.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

The end is near!....then what?

I graduate with a Master's degree in approximately 8 months.  I feel like that in itself is a great accomplishment. But being the never stopping person that I am, I am already looking at what I'm going to do next.  So many options.  Some practical and some not quite so practical.

Option #1: Find a Job.  This option is, of course, the most practical one.  But even within this option are many suboptions: Where do I find a job? Do I want to work with children or adults? Do I want to work in a hospital, a school, a nursing home, home health, private practice, an underwater cave?!?!  Do I want to move to a big city, or a little town? Do I want to live in the mountains or by the water?  So many suboptions.


Option #2: Go to Wisconsin and work with the grand poobah of phonology, Dr. Shieberg.  This option is just one of those things that I would love to do, and would be WAY more excited about it if it were in almost any other location.  But Wisconsin? Seriously?

Option #3: Go back to school.  Zachary probably hates me for even considering this option.  He always asks me when I'm going to start real life. "You've been in college for as long as I've known you", he always tells me.  That's only been 7 years-ish. But I really enjoy research and I feel like that side of the field will be closer to my linguistic roots. I've honestly started thinking about just pursuing a Doctorate in strictly linguistics and simply applying it to Speech-Language Pathology.


Option #4: Work part-time and open a tiny little dance studio. Whaaa? that's a blast from the past. 

Anyway, my discovery has been that I have no idea what I want and I'm not even 50% sure about where to go next. Maybe build some bookshelves.

1 comment:

  1. Some of the people I know and find most interesting and wise are 40+ and still don't know what they want to do with their lives...

    ReplyDelete